We need a Social Media Intern or Volunteer (Remote)!
Social Media Internship/Volunteer
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and the organisation’s website.
This role offers the intern immersion into a start-up non-profit organisation and the successful candidate will work closely with key board members and external marketing and communications consultants, and learn about social media, digital communications and marketing from industry specialists.
This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our organisation among institutional and commercial partners. All below activities are under the supervision of the designated Board Member for Communications.
Social Media Community Management
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Mission 89’s social media strategies
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities
- Management of social media communication with supporters and interested parties, building relationships with influencers to create awareness around the issues
- Increase the number of followers the organisation has on Twitter by following and engaging with Human/Children’s Rights and Sport Integrity Stakeholders
- Source and create new content as well to support the organisation’s aims and objectives and ensure consistent messaging.
Coordinating and Distributing Content
- Create and maintain a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to push new blog posts through the calendar
- Create and manage posts on the organisation’s website. Help to amplify this content through other social media channels, including content and identification of new opportunities for engagement and one to one interaction
- Manage blog and Twitter outreach to support other digital activity
- Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
- Drive awareness of our new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
- Identify and monitor key industry bloggers, trade journalists and twitter influencers. Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-tweet and post on Mission 89 blog
- Create a series of 1-minute videos highlighting trafficking issues relevant to Mission 89 to be used across social media platforms
- Create a series of infographics highlighting trafficking issues relevant to Mission 89 to be used across social media platforms
Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Use Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Mission 89 website
- Use Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the Mission 89 Facebook page
- Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
Key Skills Required for the Role
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with taking initiative and working independently
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be on top of the latest digital marketing trends
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- An interest in Human/Children’s Rights and/or Sport Integrity is preferred but not required.
- High proficiency in English and French. Other languages a plus.
- Access to reliable internet connection (very important).
This internship is open to recent graduates, and college students, and volunteers
Academic credit may be arranged
This is a part-time unpaid internship with the possibility to develop into a full time employment
Open to candidates from any location as work will be conducted remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter explaining why you think you would like to help with Mission 89’s work and include ONE thing you think we can do better with our social media. Include your CV in text format and send it via our Contact Us page.
Sorry – but we sadly cannot respond to every application we receive.
Thank you for your interest.